Just the stuff in my head that makes sense there, but nowhere else. But the story is always better when there's someone around

11.09.2008

some driving thoughts

So I had a date last night. All the way up in Ogden, and it was a lot of fun. My friend from the mission set it up. I thought it actually went pretty well, which is something that doesn't seem to happen for me on dates. As I was on my really long drive back down, when I'd hit those spots where for some reason using my little ipod radio thing just didn't work, I had a lot of time to think (as well as get the 3rd worst headache I think I've ever had (I don't think the two things were related)). And as I thought I came for a few conclusions:
1) I am not very good at the first bunch of dates. Once I start dating someone I like to think (of course I'm probably wrong) that I do a pretty good job of being a good boyfriend. I try to make sure that they're happy, and put their needs and wants in front of mine and stuff, but it's getting into that relationship that I'm bad at. I honestly don't know how it's happened in the past, poor confused women falling getting confused, or having pity or something.
2) I am not a "doing" person. When I took that color test thing it said that I was a white, which as you know, means I'm a boring, pansy pushover. This does not help me get the ladies. But I digress. Not saying that I support the color code like even 47%, but I am a person who doesn't really care if I don't do anything. I am perfectly content to just sit on the couch and not really do much of anything, including talk. This can cause a lot of problems when you're supposed to be getting to know someone.
3) I and not a conversationalist. I like to listen to people. And watch them. And try to read them to see where they're coming from and things like that. I do not really like just sitting around and talking a lot with someone, especially when I don't really know them. And that's what first dates are all about. And then leading to second dates. Yeah. I don't do that at all...

I was going to write about certain things I need in a girl, but I need to go make a phone call to a certain person. So we'll take care of that later.

I'm the patron saint of lost causes- Namewithheld

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

hey it's kirsten. and i'm red. you should ask me for advice you white boy. and buy that tech deck thing.

Followers

About Me

My photo
just doing my thing ya know